Quicksilver is the proud recipient of many Tourism Awards; the company is the largest reef operator in Port Douglas. The wave piercing catamarans are big and comfortable.
Each vessel caters for up to 470 guests, making the Quicksilver cruise to the Great Barrier Reef the ideal choice for families or large groups.
At 45 meters in length, the vessels are big enough to ensure a smooth ride, regardless of the weather and even at the speed of 39 nautical miles [72 kilometers]. In the spacious air conditioned cabin areas, you can enjoy the fully licensed bar, or alternatively you can relax outside and enjoy the infinite blue horizon and sea breezes.
Quicksilver departs daily for their pontoons on Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef where you can snorkel, dive and experience the reef which runs parallel to the Continental Shelf.
The Quicksilver dual level platform is floating like an island in the Coral Sea, significant in size and stable.
The vessel anchors alongside and the platform has many features including change rooms, fresh water showers, sundeck, shaded seating, tables where you can enjoy lunch, introductory dive and snorkel pools even a water powered lift which provides wheelchair bound guests with easy access.
The Quicksilver semi submersible sub is great way for visitors who prefer to stay dry to view the stunning coral and fish of the Great Barrier Reef. Quicksilver also offers an underwater observatory and viewing platform.
• Morning & afternoon tea on board
• Reef presentation by marine biologist
• Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
• All snorkeling equipment provided
• Qualified snorkeling safety officers on hand
• Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
• Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
• Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
What To Bring:
• Swimming clothes and beach towel
• Hat, sunscreen and shirt for sun protection
• Cash for drinks at the bar
• Credit cards for shopping and optional tours
• Underwater cameras available for purchase
Prices are subject to change
Snorkelling and Cruise:
Adult – $284.00
Child – $147.00 (4-14 years)
Family – $772.00 (2 adults + 2 children)
Introductory Dive: 1 Dive – $190
Certified Diving: 1 Dive – $136
2 Dives – $196
These costs include an Environmental Management Charge payable direct on check-in of $7.00
To book your Outer Great Barrier Reef cruise with Quicksilver please call 07 4099 5700.