Silversonic – Outer Reef Tour
Silversonic takes you to Agincourt Reef at the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here, there are special reefs known as “ribbons” which run parallel to the Continental Shelf. Adjacent to the Coral Sea trench, these ribbon reefs are recognised as the most pristine eco-systems in the reef’s environment.
Clear water provides the best possible underwater visibility, encourages rich coral growth and support spectacular marine life. With Silversonic you will visits three stunning, exclusive Agincourt ribbon reef sites, and you get to spend five hours at the Great Barrier Reef.
You can enjoy unlimited snorkelling or up to 3 certified or introductory dives. Silversonic is the only dive and snorkel vessel in Port Douglas with state-of-the-art computerized ride control, ensuring a smoother ride to the reef. Traveling at 32 knots, Silversonic spends less time getting there which means more time at the reef for you.
The Silversonic vessel features a hydraulic platform for easy water access, change rooms and hot freshwater showers, expansive sundecks, air conditioned lounge areas and a licensed bar. Also the latest dive and snorkel equipment.
- Return transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch with prawns
- All snorkeling equipment provided
- Qualified lifeguard
- Reef Interpretation
- Free Snorkel Tour with a Reef guide
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Equipment for divers, including wetsuits
- Prescription masks available at no extra cost
- Wetsuits for snorkellers are available for hire on board.
What To Bring:
- Hat and sunscreen
- Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
- Camera – Underwater cameras available for purchase,
- Underwater digital cameras are available for hire.
- Beach towel
- Swimming costume
- Cash for drinks
- Credit Cards for shopping and additional dives
- Your sense of adventure
The following costs exclude an Environmental Management Charge that is payable on check-in.
Includes day cruise, snorkelling equipment and snorkel tour
Child (4-14yrs inclusive) $175.50
Introductory Scuba Diving
Includes all snorkel and dive equipment, instruction and dive guide
Adult 1 Dive $71
Adult 2 Dives $138
Certified Scuba Diving (full gear hire)
Includes all dive and snorkel equipment and dive guide
Adult 1 Dive $45
Adult 2 Dives $56
Adult 3 Dives $80
Certified Scuba Diving (tanks and weights only)
Includes snorkel equipment, dive computer, tanks and weights and dive guide.
Adult 1 Dive $43
Adult 2 Dives $68
Adult 3 Dives $88
To book your day on the reef with Silversonic please call 07 4099 5700.
All photos courtesy of Silversonic – Outer Barrier Reef Cruises.